Monday, June 7, 2010

Fingerprints



Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand and perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living, breathing
Priceless work of art

And I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece that all creation
Quietly applauds
And you're covered with
The fingerprints of God

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
And God's not through
In fact, He's just getting started!

My son, I hope you never forget this song. The song I have sung to you since I first held you. Learned you. Loved you. This is your song. When I start to sing...

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
And God's not through
In fact, He's just getting started!

I choke. Tears flood my eyes. It's the truth! You are a wonder and God is no where near finished.

When I look at you with your hands raised and waving, I see the day you receive the beautiful gift of the Holy Ghost. Hands raised. Tears streaming. Trembling lips. The beautiful sound. And the glow of God's power.

When everything that fits snuggly in your hand turns into a microphone, yelling and singing not just in it, but on it with your mouth wrapped around (the calculator, hair brush, spoon, toothbrush...) slobber and all. I see you preaching to the multitudes. Speaking life into dry bones. Leading an army for the kingdom of God.

When you bob your head, and bounce your legs to the beat of a good song, I see you dancing, rejoicing for the King of Glory just like David. I see you Directing a mighty anointed choir into the presence of the King. King of all kings.

I see the day you are baptized in the precious name of Jesus. Hands in the air, shivering cold (unless you are fortunate enough to have warm water..I wasn't..but it was still beautiful!) The day you are covered by His blood! Born again.

When you flirt and smile, I see you loving the world. Holding the broken. Lifting your brothers and sisters to the Healer. Giving yourself to those in need. Showing the love of God to the nations.

I see you standing up for truth. Standing, when the world around you is crumbling. Standing, holding our Savior's hand. Being set apart. Salt and Light. They may burn, but they heal. Fight off and protect the body from disease. They also cause thirst. Let people see you, know you, and thirst for Everlasting Water.

Judah, my son, God has had His hands on you before your first breath. The fingerprints of the Master are all over you. The plans He has for you are not ordinary. You are not ordinary. Whatever He created you to do, it is amazing. You are marked by God. So whatever you do, do it with all your might, all your strength, all your soul. As long as you live and allow Jesus to work, His hands will be molding you, strengthening you, empowering you for Greatness. Rest in that. Believe in Him. With God ALL things are POSSIBLE.


5 comments:

  1. Rebekka that is beautiful - you were able to vocalize what was in my heart for you and your brothers. Tears streamed down my face while I read that cause it hit so near my heart - still are in fact - you are a wonder my precious daughter and I love you so much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom =) I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the song. :)
    I know too that God has great things in store for Judah. :)
    That is the awesome thing about being a Mother,
    you get a front row seat, watching God's plan unfold in the lives of His children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful. Judah is so adorable! I wish I could see him now. I bet he would come too me! Hope you guys are doing well. You are right, with God all things are possible! Hopefully you make a trip to Houston to let us all see the handsome little man!

    Love you,

    Jennifer Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. He would come to you! You're his flirting buddy. We hope to come for General conference =) Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete